Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Favorite Short Story From the unit

During the unit of short stories, we read and annotated three stories: The Sniper, Lamb to the Slaughter, and Thank You, Ma'am. When forced to chose a favorite I decided to choose the one had an interesting and intriguing plot, which I thought was the Lamb to the Slaughter. Roald Dahl, the author of this short story, added a sense of secrecy. I liked the suspense, which helped to move the story along and keep a underlying feeling of fear. It gives the story an interesting feeling, one of betrayal and secrecy which really intrigues me because I like to see the way criminals cover their crimes. This story therefore really amazes me in the simple but effective way Mrs. Maloney gets rid of the evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment